Here is JANNY, January's Journal Darling Doll, happy to show herself for the first time. I intended her to be rather on the cold side, representing winter and crystal-clear thinking. As far as the material for her body is concerned, I succeeded. It is a very pale and uninteresting yellow, and I only bought it because it has a fruit print in intervals. But as soon as I started selecting the beads, it was clear that her character would take quite another turn. The design of her front developed into one big heart.

Janny's corkscrew locks (I think there is another word for these curls, but if so, I cannot remember it) are made of wire coils that were part of a necklace I bought at a charity shop, with gold-coloured bicones added at the ends. The rest of the hairdo consists of lace.

Somehow, a tiny smudge had settled on the centre of Janny's forehead. It refused to be removed, so I decided to mark Janny's Third Eye. This turned out not to be just a makeshift, but very appropriate.
Now let's have a look at her rear:

I couldn't decide which rearview to post, so here is a second one:

The jumper sleeves and leggings are crocheted. I had planned on knitting them, but then made a decision in favour of crochet as it is quicker and gives more body.
At last, we will let Janny have her say:
Hello to you, Year Zero-Nine!I'm JANNY, and the fifth in line.As you can see, it's crystal-clear:My front is flashy, and my rear.Right ain't left, and left ain't right ...Sabine, working late at night,forgot this basic rulethat she had learnt in school.To see what happened, watch my feetwhen I walk along the street ...But of course, I don't complain -I wear my boots in snow and rain.

Stupid things happen! I only realized that there was something wrong with the boots when I put on the second one. Considering the time I had spent making them, I decided to blow perfectionism to the wind and leave everything the way it was.

A close-up of the doll's name and rear design.

During the photo session the glass bird took Janny's fancy, and I let her ride on it. Well, grant a favour to one, and you have to grant it to all of them ...

Keep well, and happy days.
Sabine
10 comments:
Another darling doll! You are so creative! I love the way her front turned into a heart even though you wanted her to be cold. To me, it means that love shines through. And those boot were made for dancing. It was great to see all the dolls playing together on the bird.
Marty S
Crackpot Beader
Wonderful! I love the last picture, I just laughed and laughed at those dolls having so much fun! And being so much fun!
You're dolls just keep getting better and better. I love the creativity you display with each one. I love how the dolls just take on a life of their own once they start developing. She's great! It will be fun to see all 12 lined up in a row or hanging from a tree or riding a horse or something fun in the end!
I love her Sabine! She has the cutest little "bum" You are so darn clever and creative it makes my head spin! Nice work. Makes me smile.
My gosh, Sabine -- you seem to outdo yourself with each succeeding doll!!! Janny is truly wonderful and I love seeing all of them together on that gorgeous bird, too . . .
Kathy V in NM
Five Darling Dolls on a Glass Horse! What could be cuter??? What could make me whooop out loud more than that?!!! They're so willful, perky and adorable!
Janny fits right in with her sisters. With her bobbly cork-screw locks, right-right or left-left boots that remind me of in-line skates and her big warm heart, she clearly leads them all into 09 together! They beg to be played with... hope you take time to do that often!
Robin A.
Thank you so much! Your comments bring a big smile to my face, and I am happy that Janny and her sisters bring smiles and laughter to you, too.
I do, indeed, love to handle them and play with them, and I treat them all equally, with no favouritism - we don't want any tiffs in the semi-transparent box that they are residing in for the time being. By the way, even a non-destructive child could play with them - they are built rather sturdily.
See you,
Sabine
Another lovely doll. Thanks for visiting my blog too.
Just like in real life, Janny's overall beauty far outshines any physical defect -- I didn't even notice. I totally think she's rad and her crocheted legs and boots are my absolute fave! Janny is jammin'!
Sabine what wonderful dolls. I followed you over from my blog to see what you are about. Wonderful and thought provoking work. Just beauty in your dolls. The second rear view is the one I would pick, as rears go. I can't wait to see more.
Brenda
Post a Comment