Monday, 18 March 2013

BJP 2013 - Here comes the Sun - March

By now it seems clear that this year I am not so much a journaler, but rather a storyteller. So, here goes - this is my March story:




                                         Interview with a Chimney Sweep

                                                   Chimney Sweep with sooty face,
                                                   what are you doing out in space?
                                                   „Well, I have a job to do.
                                                   That is why I'm walking through
                                                   this deserted, soundless quarter,
                                                   wishing that I had a porter,
                                                   or – better yet – two patient mules,
                                                   one for me, one for my tools.
                                                   I've trudged along the Milky Way
                                                   for the best part of this day.
                                                   On this road you find no cars,
                                                   but myriads of shooting stars.“

                                                  So, what exactly is your job?
                                                  „Do you see that ugly blob
                                                  marring our sun's bright sheen?
                                                  That is what I have to clean
                                                  and polish over very fast
                                                  to restore the sun's hot blast.“
                                                  Oh Chimney Sweep, I do now see:
                                                  This job makes you a VIP!



                                                              Chimney Sweep 



                                                                  On the Milky Way


                                                                                                       Blob

6 comments:

Marj said...

I enjoyed the story as much as your beadwork, what fun. You are so creative Sabine

Cyndi L said...

Sabine, you are so adorable! I really look forward to your pieces each month :-)

Sara said...

You are an excellent storyteller *and* artist! I can't wait to see the next piece.

Miri Agassi said...

Your beadwork is fantastic, looking forward to your next piece.

Robin said...

What a fun fellow you've created, Sabine! You are an amazing story teller... both visually and with words. I admire you and always enjoy seeing your latest creations (and the old ones too)!

Linda Kittmer said...

Wonderful Sabine!

Bead Journal Project 2013